Below is the fund raising letter I received from Ron Paul. In this letter he describes exactly why you should go out and caucus for him. I urge all my fellow Nevadans to go out on Saturday and help Dr. Paul win. To make things simpler you can pre-register for the caucus at the Nevada GOP website.
Nevada has been one of the states hardest hit by the government-created financial crisis.
As housing foreclosures and joblessness plague the Silver State, the Nevadans I’ve been privileged to meet during this campaign know that these ills will not be cured with more of the same policies that caused them.
They’re excited about my Plan to Restore America, because it does what the President has failed to do and my opponents for the Republican nomination are failing to do: boldly lead with a serious proposal for real change that gets Washington out of the way and puts the people back in charge of their economic futures.
*** CUTS $1 trillion of federal spending during the first year of my presidency. We don’t have years to make serious cuts. They must – and can – be done immediately.
*** ELIMINATES five bloated federal agencies – Education, Energy, HUD, Commerce, and Interior.
*** BALANCES the budget in the third year of my presidency.
In addition to these sweeping changes at the federal level, my Plan will also help create jobs and get struggling states back on their feet again.
Yesterday, I released a detailed guide to how my Plan will help reinvigorate Nevada. It also offers additional solutions that the other candidates refuse to consider.
This “Plan to Restore Nevada” focuses on five key areas:
Restoring Nevada’s Job Market
• On my first day in office, I will order all federal agencies to stop imposing new regulations, and I will begin working to repeal unconstitutional, job-destroying laws and regulations, like ObamaCare, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Dodd-Frank.
• I will fight to end the tax laws that prevent millions of dollars in American capital overseas from being reinvested in new job-creating endeavors here at home.
• Corporate and capital gains taxes should be reduced to spur investment, and you should be allowed to make a penalty-free withdrawal from your IRA or 401(k) to start or invest in a new business.
• To ensure our workers are removed from under the union bosses’ thumb, I will work for passage of a National Right to Work law.
• And I will also fight for a total audit of the Federal Reserve, so we can finally start to put an end to the inflation and unemployment caused by the Fed’s boom-bust cycle.
Restoring the Housing Market
Long before the economic crisis hit, I called for an end to taxpayer support of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (while Newt Gingrich over a million dollars for helping Freddie Mac continue to inflate the housing bubble).
President, I will work to:
• Cut off Fannie and Freddie’s taxpayer lifeline and end all other government distortion of the housing market.
• Extend the first-time homebuyer tax credit to help Americans use their own resources to purchase their first home, as well as provide tax credits to those who have suffered foreclosure that would make the path to new, more affordable housing much easier.
• Allow you to make a penalty-free withdrawal from your IRA or 401(k) to purchase a home.
• Restore the property tax deduction for those who do not itemize deductions on their tax returns, repeal capital gains on sales of private homes and commercial properties, and allow a capital loss deduction if homeowners sell a home for less than they paid for it.
Restoring Tipped-Worker Wages
Almost 20 percent of Nevada workers hold jobs that generate tip income. Under a Paul Administration, tips nationwide would become tax-free, providing our service-sector workers with an instant pay raise.
Restoring a Common-Sense Visa System
Tourism is a foundation of Nevada’s economy, but overly complex and time-consuming federal procedures for obtaining even a simple visa to visit the U.S. on business or tourism are causing Nevada’s hotels, restaurants, airports, cabs, and other businesses to lose revenue from potential overseas visitors.
As President, I will:
• Work with industry, relevant federal agencies, and Congress to reform the cumbersome visa process.
• Adopt many of the ideas contained in the U.S. Travel Association’s “Ready for Takeoff” Proposal.
• Work to increase travel by ending the TSA bureaucracy that makes flying a nightmare.
Giving Nevada Back To Nevadans
It is impossible for the people of Nevada to fully develop their economic potential when the federal government controls over 85 percent of Nevada’s land.
My Plan to Restore America eliminates the unconstitutional Department of the Interior and dramatically reduces the federal government’s land holdings. This will enable the people of Nevada to decide for themselves how best to use the land without having to seek permission from federal bureaucrats.
But these are just some of the highlights of my Plan to Restore Nevada.
Visit www.RonPaul2012.com right away to read my entire plan, and please pass the word about these common-sense solutions along to your family, friends, and neighbors.
Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum have spent their careers championing the big spending status quo and the Big Government policies that have driven Nevada and the rest of our nation to the brink.
With the Nevada Caucus only a couple of days away, I hope I’ll have your support so you and I can work together for real change.
So if you’re ready to elect a President who will reinstitute the limited government, free market principles that made this nation great, there’s one more critical action I need you to take today.
Our campaign is doing everything it can to spread the message about my Plan to Restore Nevada and my other solutions to our nation’s challenges far and wide across the Silver State.
Can I count on you to donate whatever you are able today so we can have every resource possible to contact Nevadans in these closing days?
The establishment is doing everything it can to block our message of freedom, so I’m relying on your help today.
Together, we can bring Nevada and all of America back.
P.S. My Plan to Restore Nevada tackles the Silver State’s challenges with bold solutions that the other candidates refuse to consider.
I hope I’ll have your support at the Nevada Caucus this Saturday, February 4, so you and I can work for real change.